It’s nearing the end of August and I find myself thinking about September looming over me. Wow this year has passed so quickly and so much left to do!
September always feels like a new start to me. It’s almost like I have been left with the start of the school year permanently ingrained in my mind. As a working woman with my own business I still think about buying a new pencil case, some stationary and maybe a couple of new outfits in September, to see me through the start of the new Autumn season!!
Am I the only one? Perhaps.
The fashion merry-go-round (fashion fabric shows and fashion weeks) starts up again in September and most shops will have a full stock of Autumn Winter pieces in.
September feels like a start whether you took holiday in August or not. If you’re getting your kids new outfits for a fresh start in September perhaps September is a time for you to re-evaluate your own wardrobe.
Who says we have to only evaluate ourselves, our goals and our resolutions in January?
Why not take the time for yourself to start in September with a great new feeling about the way you look. I have had a think about some simple changes and things you could do to start off your new season. Here are some suggestions:
- Go for a bra fitting (your body size fluctuates through out the year)
- Go for a hair consultation (a new hair style, cut or colour can lift your mood in an instant)
- Go through your wardrobe and get rid of those things that lurk around but you never wear (if you need a hand – meet an Image consultant to discuss your needs)
- Wear a new colour: Do you always go for the same colours in your professional wardrobe – a new one that looks fab on you, can give confidence
- Get a new lipstick or eyeshadow colour – they can make an instant impact
- Get some new accessories – you can jazz up an old suit with the addition of a new season belt or bag
- Book yourself in for a manicure – nothing says professional like a well looked after pair of hands
- Flush out those tights in your drawers that need to be binned. Get some great advice from a hosiery expert and fill your drawer with some great new tights for Autumn!
- Get your Autumn Winter shoes ready to go! A re-heel and polish will make them feel shiny and stylish again!
If you are based in London for work or home then you may be interested in the event I have organised on 12th September. I decided that the start of September was the perfect time to hold our Colour themed networking and consultation evening.
The goal is to give professional women the chance to have a chat with consultants in a variety of colour focused areas in a relaxed and friendly environment. This advice should start you off for Autumn Winter.