Of late, I seem to have been travelling alot, for business and pleasure. So I have become very organised and found some methods for being ready at the last minute!
Keep a drawer dedicated to travel
1. Have a clear zippy bag (20cm x 20cm) filled with ‘carry on’ essentials (maximum100ml containers) ready in a drawer. I suggest: face, lip and hand moisturiser, mini tooth brush and paste, anti-perspirant, hair brush and a pen.
2. Keep a larger toiletry bag of travel sized goodies such as: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, sunscreen, face wash, nail file, shaving cream, razor, tampax/towel, mini travel hair straightners and hairdryer.
3. A purse or folder with your paper essentials: Passport, drivers license, health insurance information, travel ‘cash’ cards, a notebook of any travel details you like to remember (taxis, hotels, restaurants, phone numbers), maps and a pen.
4. Other key items to keep together: spare phone charger, universal adapter, headphones, mini alarm clock, sunglasses and a book (or kindle), camera, jewellery travel roll.
Suggested item locations:
- Miniatures from makeup counters – When I buy my beauty products from the counters I may get a complimentory miniature product – I keep these for travel and refill them each time I go away)
- Molton Brown
(Some nice travel kits with travel sized toiletries)
(A wide range of travel sized products – beauty, electrical and accessories)
(they have a selection of travel size toiletry kits and mini products)
(They provide some of their natural and organic hair care in travel sizes)
There are many other brands that provide miniatures, my list is by no means exhaustive!
I got my clear travel ‘carry on’ toiletry bag from Victoria’s Secret but there are various other locations you can get one:
Next time I’m going to talk through my packing technique – the endless questions of what to take, how much to take etc….