How to get sponsorship
As a strapped for cash fashion student who wants to make her degree collection the best, I like many others, considered trying to gain sponsorship.
Since finishing my course and creating an online portfolio I have had many enquiries from fashion degree students asking how I managed to gain sponsorship for my collection.
So I thought I would share some of what I did here:
- Communicate a clear and precise idea about what you need or want sponsored for your collection
- Track down the contact details and person who would be best to assist you from the company
- Contact them in a professional manner
- Provide them with a small selection of images/sketches/illustrations/descriptions
- Maybe include a CV or details about work experience
- Highlight if and how you are using their product differently
- Offer them something in return for their sponsorship for example you could list them in the brochure at the Graduate Fashion Week
The points sound obvious but I hope they will assist in some way.
See my list of sponsors here: